The SONC Photo Group held its first meeting on April 12, 2011.
This group is very informal and those present thought that the “Photo Group” mandate would evolve over time but generally they agreed that they would like:
· to learn more about their cameras
· to learn about how to take better photos
· to take photos of nature in various locations
· to meet every 2 weeks for about 2 hours weather permitting
· to decide meeting to meeting regarding the location, time and date
· to be an informal group under the umbrella of SONC
Members agreed that the group would be limited to SONC members and that a visitor would be allowed only once. A visitor would be encouraged to join SONC in order to participate in future outings.
The group talked about the various cameras that they had. They discussed the differences between point and shoot and SLR cameras. Also discussed was aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, camera shake, lighting and composition. They also spent some time experimenting with camera functions.
We hope that over time this group will become an important group within SONC and that more members will join in our outings.
Contact : Doreen Olson email@example.com or John Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org for next meeting date, time and location